On my last day of work at my old job, I woke up with an incredibly terrible pain in my ribs. I started my new job (the next day) with said pain in my ribs and have continued to have this pain all through the end of the week and weekend. I have no idea what on earth I could have done to hurt them. What I do know is that it hurts like hell to breathe, cough, sneeze, laugh, and even sing--all of which (breathing included) makes me lightheaded and dizzy. It hurts to stretch my arm above my head. It hurts to twist and to some degree bend. It does not, however, hurt to push on them....Odd, I know.
So, today I decided I needed to go to the doctor to find out what in the hell is going on. After listening to my very painful deep breathes for an extended period of time, the doc says to me, "It could be one of two things."
A moment of silence and then I prompt him for explanation with my drawn out, "Ookkaayy.."
"It is either just inflammation which will eventually correct itself (gee, thanks. I totally wanna deal with this pain until it decides to fix itself) or you could have a partially collapsed lung, meaning a portion of your lung has folded in on itself."
Hold on. Wait a minute. What the fuck did you just say to me??!! A possible partially collapsed lung?? Shit.
"I am sending you over to the hospital to have some chest x-rays done just to rule out the latter possibility." At this point he has been trying to convince me that the inflammation scenario is the more likely one for several minutes now.
I head on over to the hospital to see radiology for these chest x-rays. Since my doctor didn't ask and there is the possibility, the radiology tech had me take a pregnancy test, which took me an extra 15 minutes of waiting to just get it over with!! After the x-rays were taken and I was leaving the tech informs me that the radiologist would look them over later in the day and I would hear from my doctor in about 2 days. Unless there are questions or concerns with the x-rays I shouldn't hear from the hospital. Okay.
I somehow missed a phone call from the hospital about half an hour after I left there. They didn't leave me a message of any sort but I recognize the number since my grandmother worked there for many years. So, now I am not sure if I should be worried about what the results are or if I should just let it go and wait to hear from my doc in a day or two...I am a little bit anxious to know what's going on and a little more than a little concerned that the hospital gave me a call at all this afternoon.
I suppose for now I will take my anxious butt down to see my honey on his last break at work and tell him what is going on. Hopefully he will have the right thing to say to calm my nerves (he usually does!). Have a bitchin' night y'all!! There are a couple of new posts over on my other blog, so head on over and check them out!!
~The Mouthy Bitch~